Thursday, July 30, 2009

CR Day 19 - Hugo Sanchez

Today the students took their final in Spanish and gave a presentation in Humans and the Environment. I wanted to go to campus and hear the presentations but I am down with "travelers tummy" and decided I better stay at the ApartHotel. It poured down rain and I couldn't even sit on our back porch when I got up...so here are a couple of photos out the front door. Please note the butcher's truck in the background, on our side of the street...



Chuck came and got me after his class. We went into town to get him a sandwich then we meet Ana and went to her uncle's art gallery. Hugo Sanchez is a very famous artist that lives here in Heredia. He and his wife, Marta are kind, friendly people that Chuck and I took to the first time we meet them. Hugo took all of us to the Cultural Center to see a display of his series on Jazz. I got a photo of him in front of one of his paintings. He gave Chuck and I a watercolor which we will frame and hang at home.




It's "winter" here, what the Ticans tell me is that they have two seasons: wet and wetter. I don't think I've describe the winter clothes here...it's at least 75 degrees all the time here. Sometimes breezy in the morning, rainy in the afternoon but never really cold. However, on any street corner you can see everything from string tops and short, tight skirts to winter jackets and boots. Lots of the students wear winter sweaters and today I saw a student in a wool scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment