Tuesday, July 28, 2009

CR Day 17 - Sewage Treatment Plant

I noticed today as we walked to campus that the neighborhood is very quiet after the kids leave for school each day. The bakers young clerks weren't in the shop this morning when we passed by, I'm guessing they've gone back to school.


Before Ana's class this morning Chuck and Ana went to meet with the president of UNA. They gave him gifts from WCU and he gave us a gift to take back to our university. It was all very nice and formal.



The students went to tour the campus sewage treatment facility with Chuck this morning. I went along to take photos and because I don't think I've gone anywhere in the world without a tour of a sewage treatment facility. Of course, whoever is in charge didn't know we'd be coming so there was the waiting for the right person to be found and then this treatment facility (the only one in this area) is actually not working right and they are trying to fix the problem. Oops!! No wonder the river smells so bad...

After class, Chuck, a couple students and I went for Tican pizza, we could have opted for Papa Johns but felt that wasn't really in the spirit of this trip. It was very good and Chuck and I will have the left-overs for dinner tonight.

--P

No comments:

Post a Comment