Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Every Day in May - Day 4

Today was a beautiful day weather wise and I didn't have to be in to my office until 11, so I rode to work via the Brandywine River and through the Radley Run Country Club. How nice it is to be able to take a semi-rural, moderate ride in (about 10 miles) then get a shower at work before going to my office! The ride home, more direct through town but with lots of stoplights, stop signs and traffic, is about 4 miles.

I've often thought that I should commute to work more often by bike. I've done it on and off for years, typically more in the summer and fall than winter or spring. Night teaching assignments can make it difficult but there are plenty of remaining day trips available. It's only four miles one-way, but I like to make it interesting with a longer loop either on the way in (as here) or way home. Maybe "every day in May" will help me jump-start this.

Here are today's ride stats from my bike computer:
Bike: R
T: 1:10:30
O: 41.4
M: 33.4
A: 12.9
D: 15.16

Here are some stats and illustrations from the interesting bike mapping program (based on Google Maps) from http://bikeroutetoaster.com/:




1 comment: