Friday, May 14, 2010

Every Day in May - Day 14

I decided to go for a longer ride in the afternoon/evening, heading out to the western part of Chester County. The weather was warm but pleasant, although some spotty rain showers were predicted. I got off to a nice start but found one bridge out (on Shadyside road west of Marshalton-Thorndale road) and decided to detour out towards Coatesville to get around it. Then I came back through Mortonville and out Apple Grove Road. This provided my first clear view to the west and boy did the clouds look dark! I clipped the westernmost loop off my planned route and headed towards home along Embreeville Road. The rain caught up with me just as I reached Embreeville - big huge flashes of lightning and big splashes of rain. I stopped underneath the bridge at the ChesLyn Preserve and watched the rain approach, get heavy, then finally slack off. A hiker came by and hid out under the bridge with me during the worst of it. Finally, it seemed to become a tradeoff between getting wet or having to ride home in the dark, so I pushed off and quickly got soaked. Fortunately it was still warm. All in all, it was a nice Chester County bicycling adventure.

Bike: R
T: 2:28:12
O: 112.5
M: 41.0 (zooming down Strausburg Road into Embreeville, trying to beat the storm)
A: 12.9
D: 31.97

No comments:

Post a Comment