Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Every Day in May - Cinco de Mayo


So today's biking was just a little jaunt to show you how I walk Maya on the bike. She really knows the drill, although with Pat hanging around as photographer she was quite distracted...

This one shows us coming towards Pat. Maya is always on my left, just as when we walk her. She is only slightly behind but there is no risk of "dragging" her as she still has about another 15' of retractable leash to go.






This panned shot shows us in motion, about 10-12 mph. This is about our top speed and you can see she sometimes lags behind and sometimes she's ahead. I always try to leave at least a spare 10' of leash so she doesn't pull me off my bike.




Our first dog Shasta used to do this out of the car - at a top speed of 20mph! I don't think Maya will ever get to that speed, but she does love to run and this works for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment