Sunday, May 9, 2010

Almost Every Day in May - Day 9


OK - I tried really hard but I blew it. Pat and I worked on the yard all morning yesterday and then went out with Chili to a used bookstore in Phoenixville. After a few good buys, we went to the Chester Springs Creamery for excellent ice cream. Yum! Then it was home, some TV and before I knew it I was getting into bed and had not ridden...Oh well...I really tried.

So not to be defeated, I'm back on my bike today. I'll keep trying to ride every day in May. But today was a challenge - high winds and cold. But, in keeping with a saying I heard this winter while working in the unheated sail house at the sailing club, "the heat is in the tools." So I put more effort into the pedals and warmed right up. I rode out to meet Pat, Chili and Maya at the ChesLyn Preserve in Embreeville. The wind made some flat sections seem like uphill and some uphill sections seem flat. Once at the park the four of us did about a 1.5 mile walk (run for Maya) and drove home together. A nice afternoon break.

Bike: R
T: 52:12
O: 65.0
M: 33.4
A: 14.0
D: 12.24

No comments:

Post a Comment