Sunday, May 16, 2010

Every Day in May - Day 16


Pat and her friend Mary, photographers both, say my blogging about biking is boring because there are not enough pictures. Pat took this one of me the other day (while it was still cold out) before a ride. It has nothing to do with tonight's little ride, but here it is:



Meanwhile, Maya and I went out for our neighborhood loop again. Tonight was not without incident either. At about the same place we crashed yesterday we were zipping along when...along comes a big dog off leash running straight down the middle of the road at us. I hopped off my bike, Maya freaked (did I say the dog was BIG?) and I tried to keep my bike between Maya and I and the other dog. He was perfectly friendly - no growling or teeth - but Maya and her leash were getting wrapped around me, the bike, the BIG dog and things were getting messy.

The owner came running up calling for "Bruiser" (I'm not making that up) then Maya slipped her collar (I keep it a little loose when I'm running her from the bike - just in case) and took off towards home. It was by now dark...but I caught her and Bruiser and reunited the big lug with his owner who was nice and very apologetic. I re-mounted and the two of us finished our trip home.

Bike: M
T: 11.59 (not including dog interaction time)
O: 21.9
M: 10.8 (not including the scared, collarless dog runaway)
A: 7.1
D: 1.42

No comments:

Post a Comment